[EPS Alert] S-Pass Minimum Requirement to Increase (With effect from 1 January 2019)
With effect from 1 January 2019, new S-Pass applicants will need to earn a minimum salary of $2,300 per month.
More experienced applicants will need higher salaries to qualify.
Employers are encouraged to use the Self-Assessment Tool on the Ministry of Manpower (“MOM”)’s website to assess if their candidates qualifies for the pass.
Things to Note
- For existing S-holders whose passes expire
- Before 1 January 2019
- Able to renew based on existing criteria of $2,200
- Between 1 January 2019 and 30 June 2019 (both dates inclusive)
- Able to renew for a period of up to one year based on existing criteria of $2,200
- After 30 June 2019
- Renew based on new criteria of $2,300
For more information, please visit MOM’s webpage on S-Pass eligibility at https://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/s-pass/eligibility or MOM’s factsheet at https://www.mom.gov.sg/~/media/mom/documents/budget2018/factsheet-foreign-workforce-policy-announcements.pdf?la=en
This alert is for informational purposes only. For additional information or assistance, please approach your respective Employment Pass Specialist or contact us at info@Accountstaff.com.sg