[Webinar] Employer Obligations - Cost Cutting Measures & Retrenchments
The unprecedented COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected businesses and the economy. During this trying period, some companies are implementing cost-cutting measures and re-evaluating their strategies and operations to be sustainable in the long run. While retrenchments may be inevitable in some cases, employers must exercise sensitivity, care and caution when implementing dismissal and retrenchment matters.
Join us as we make sense of vital employer legal obligations and considerations when implementing cost cutting measures and retrenchment matters.
- Understand legal duties & responsibilities when implementing cost cutting measures and retrenchments
- Examine the new normal of working and its repercussions for employment obligations
- Make sense of the additional legal considerations during this turbulent period
- Employer legal obligations and duties
- Working from home and its legal implications
- Resolving solutions & settling employee disputes amicably
- Cost cutting measures
- Retrenchment and termination issues
Employer Obligations - Cost Cutting Measures & Retrenchments
29 October 2020 (Thursday)
||10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
||SGD $50 (excluding GST)
David Shanmugam is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore. He holds a Bachelor of Law degree from the University of London and Master of Business Administration degree from Victoria University. Along with years of legal experience in the private sector, he has conducted legal training for the corporate sector on various practical legal issues, and has lectured for numerous training institutions on subjects of Business and Company Law. He currently conducts seminars and workshops regularly for Directors, HR and Finance Professionals.
Email us at Info@PayrollServe.com.sg or call 6336 0600 should you have any questions concerning registration.
The organisers reserve the right to change the venue, date and programme due to circumstances beyond our control.