Are you faced with these issues in China?
How can you be sure that:
- policies and procedures are complied with?
- approved requests for usage of seals result in corresponding effected contracts?
- seals have not been misused?
- all seals in circulation are completely accounted for?
- all seals are authentic and comply with local regulatory requirements?
- all contracts entered into using the seals are captured completely in a database?
Mitigating Risks Associated with Seals
Management of seals is a unique and significant challenge for companies in China.
Seals have been used in China for centuries to represent the authority of the emperor in official documents. That tradition has survived and the company seal — also more commonly known as a company stamp — is essentially an instrument that carries the authority of the company in various transactions.
There are also complexities due to the use of several types of seals in China. In addition, the significant power entrusted to the seal presents unique risks that companies looking to invest or start up in China must take note of.
Click here for full article
A Cloud-based Solution — C3
To help you gain better control at your fingertips literally, C3 gives you peace of mind over seal usage in China. C3 is a Custodian, Compliance and Certification tool that helps safeguard your interests. It allows you to know the following:
To find out more, please call Aijuan Zhan at +65 6594 7927 or email CPG@RSMSingapore.sg for an obligation-free demonstration on C3 or to discuss your needs in your China operations.