Better Assurance in Protecting Your HR/Payroll Data
PayrollServe is proud to be among the first payroll service providers to be issued the Major Payment Institution Licence by the Monetary Authority of Singapore to perform payroll related payment services (both cross border and domestic remittances).
We are also compliant with SSAE 18, SSAE 3402, and SSAE 3000 having attained the OSPAR Attestation from the Association of Banks in Singapore. This underscores our commitment to consistently provide clients with quality services backed by internal controls and safeguards of the highest standards.
Local and international businesses of all sizes can have better assurance with us handling their payroll and related payments.
PayrollServe is regulated under Payment Services Act 2019 Lic. No.: PS20200473
It has always been our practice to conscientiously ensure that our service environment has processes and respective controls
in place. We recognise that our daily work involves handling clients' sensitive information, and clients have obligations
to meet their own requirements. Thus, it is critical for us to maintain a certain level of compliance and confidentiality.
To ensure this, PayrollServe goes through the SSAE 16 Audit (under Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act) annually.
- Sharing of clients' information is strictly prohibited
- PayrollServe's employees are ALL required to sign a non-disclosure agreement
Data Security Measures
- Full back up (Daily, Weekly & Monthly)
- Application, database and file servers located in our in-house data centre
- All our clients' data are centrally stored in an encrypted SQL database
- Server room is physically enclosed and secured with limited card access for authorised personnel only
- All computing devices are installed with anti-virus and personal firewalls
- The right to access any particular payroll information will only be granted upon formal approval from authorised
Business Continuity Plan (BCP)
- Annual recovery exercise is carried out to ensure that recovery of the server is within the 48-hour timeframe in
the event of a server crash
- Additional servers in place to ensure the continuity of the system, in the event of downtime